On Dec. 4, 1999, we were happy in our new job as building superintendents. With Christmas approaching, we decided it was time to put up the Christmas tree and decorate the lobby. Our son Mark arrived to help us.
Mark was all dressed up. I commented on how great he looked and asked where he was off to. His reply was, "Going to see my friends." He said, "Gotta go now" and we said goodbye; little did we know it was for the last time.
The next morning at 4:20 a.m., we got that awful phone call telling us Mark was dead from carbon monoxide poisoning.
We had done everything we could to help Mark, but were limited as to dealing with his personal, emotional problems.
We miss him more than words can say and we loved him so much.
Our prayer is that someone might be helped as a result of Mark's death. If you or someone you know is dealing with problems, or is very lonely, I urge you to get help. Go to your doctor for medical advice; find a church where you can be helped and can help others, and know that God loves you.
At this time of year, there are many depressed people, young and old, so be there to help someone if you can. Reach out in love and let them know you care.
Back to Main Suicide Page
as of December 30, 2000